Postdoctoral Fellowship Announcement
The Behavioral Health Department at the Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha, NE, is pleased to offer a one-year full-time post-doctoral fellowship position with preferred start date in September 2016. The stipend is 37k and full benefits are included. There may be options to be hired on following completion of the fellowship.
The Behavioral Health department offers a range of outpatient services for children and youth, inpatient consultation, and specialty clinic services. Outpatient services are conducted in the main behavioral health location as well as in primary care offices. The fellow will gain experience working in an outpatient hospital setting providing therapy for a range of children and youth, and will also develop pediatric behavioral medicine consultation skills for inpatient and specialty clinics. The fellowship is designed to provide postdoctoral training experiences to meet needed clinical hours and supervision requirements for licensure. The program will prepare the fellow for a career which integrates psychology and pediatrics/behavioral medicine. The following specific opportunities are available to the fellow:
· Consultation/liaison services to the inpatient and outpatient clinic population. The consultation service provides a range of services focusing on child/adolescent evaluations but also including family evaluations with short-term therapeutic interventions for children and/or family members. There are also emergency evaluations completed within the service. Clinicians work within a multidisciplinary model and have direct interactions with the many medical specialty teams. The population served includes children and families facing new diagnoses, chronic illnesses, acute medical or psychiatric crises, and children who have difficulty coping with their medical hospitalization.
· Provision of services for children and teens with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including group social skills training, being part of a multidisciplinary treatment team in the hospital (i.e., Autism clinic), and participating in evaluation of ASD (i.e., ADOS evaluations).
· Participation in other multidisciplinary treatment teams.
· Outpatient therapy services, including opportunities for training/supervision in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
· The opportunity to provide service in an integrated primary care setting (CP offices).
· Potential for telemedicine.
Supervision is provided by licensed staff in the behavioral health department. Fellows will be provided with at least two hours of supervision per week. Additional consultation is readily available based on needs. The fellows also have opportunities to attend Grand Rounds. Fellows will also have the opportunity to supervise externs/community placement students.
Questions and applications (cover letter, CV, and three letters of recommendation) should be directed to: Mike Vance, Ph.D. 1000 N 90th St suite 200 Omaha, NE 68106 or email at email@example.com.
The application deadline is . Interviews are expected to take place in early 2016. Candidates must have completed an APA-accredited doctoral program, an APA-accredited internship program, and must have previous experience working with children. Candidates with previous pediatric/behavioral medicine experience are preferred.