Applications are now being accepted for SSCP Dissertation Grant Awards. These awards are intended to both recognize and support students who have already received approval for their dissertation project. Accordingly, in addition to the evaluation of the proposal as a whole, we will also consider what additional sources of funding have been received in the context of the overall estimated cost of the project. Awards will be in the amount of $500. It is anticipated that up to 5 grants will be funded. Eligibility requirements and application instructions are listed below.
Applications must be received by November 15, 2016
Notification of awards will be made in early January of 2017.
1. Student member of SSCP. The membership application form can be downloaded or submitted on-line at: www.sscpweb.org
2. Current enrollment in an APA or CPA approved doctoral program in Clinical Psychology (or the applicant must provide evidence, such as a letter from the DCT, that the program is in the process of applying for approval).
3. Dissertation proposal approved by applicant’s department (verified in advisor’s letter).
The application should include the following:
2. Research Plan (MAXIMUM OF 5 SINGLE-SPACED PAGES IN 12-POINT TIMES NEW ROMAN FONT WITH ONE INCH MARGINS, INCLUDING REFERENCES).
A. Specific Aims. List broad objectives and what the specific research proposed in this application is intended to accomplish.
B. Background and Significance. Briefly sketch the background leading to the present application, critically evaluate existing knowledge, and specifically identify the gaps that the project is intended to fill.
C. Preliminary studies. Use this section to provide an account of applicant’s preliminary studies (if any) pertinent to the application and/or any other information that will help establish the experience and ability of the applicant to pursue the proposed project.
D. Research Design and Methods. Describe the research design and the procedures to be used to accomplish the specific aims of the project. Include how the data will be collected, analyzed, and interpreted.
3. Abstract. (MAXIMUM OF 250 WORDS, the abstract page does NOT count towards the 5 page maximum for the research plan).
Submit application electronically to Dr. Lauren B. Alloy at email@example.com.
Please include the entire application, including cover letter, in one document file.
The advisor’s letter should be sent directly by the advisor. A confirmation of receipt will be sent within 2 business days.
October 5, 2016
SSCP Dissertation Grant Award Announcement
SSCP Dissertation Grant Award Applications Due Nov. 15, 2016
TOPICS FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES