Penn State Hershey Medical Center is seeking an experienced child neuropsychologist for an outpatient opportunity. The selected candidate will collaborate between pediatrics and psychiatry, serving the psychologic needs of children in our system. Responsibilities may include:
· Assess and evaluate pediatric oncology patients pre- and post-chemotherapy
· Assess and evaluate concussion patients to determine readiness for return to school/normal activities
· Evaluate children within the neurology and child development clinics to help plan school interventions, IEP support needs, and other treatment planning to maximize their long term function.
· Mentor/teach psychology interns through the Department of Psychiatry on performing children’s assessments
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
· PhD or PsyD
· Eligible for PA medical license
· Training/experience in pediatric neuropsychology and neuropsychological testing and evaluation
· Experience with pediatric oncology patients, concussions and/or child development a plus
The Penn State Hershey Medical Center is Central Pennsylvania’s only academic medical center, home to several hospitals, clinical and research institutes, and the Penn State College of Medicine. We are a resource for the most complex adult and pediatric cases in the region. Penn State Hershey Medical Center is a 501-bed Level I regional adult and pediatric trauma center. The campus is located in Hershey, PA in close proximity to New York City, Washington, DC, Philadelphia and Baltimore, MD.
For immediate consideration, submit your CV to Maddie Hertzog at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
The Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled