Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Child Psychology
2016-2017 Academic Year
The Center for Pediatric Psychiatry at Children’s HealthSM Children’s Medical Center in Dallas, Texas invites applicants for its APA-accredited Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Child Psychology beginning . Applications are due .
Seven positions will be available, each within one area of specialization:
Outpatient Psychology Concentration (2 positions)
General outpatient position (1 position)
· This position provides a balance between intervention and assessment within an outpatient psychiatry clinic. Two major rotations in assessment include the multidisciplinary assessment of preschool-aged children, as well as Therapeutic Assessment, which is a collaborative assessment model aimed at helping families develop a new understanding of their child. Psychological evaluation techniques may include cognitive/neuropsychological measures, structured observation, projective and relationship-based assessment. Intervention opportunities include individual, family, and group therapy using evidence-based treatment modalities, as well as intervention and consultation experience through the Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) medical clinic.
Suicide/depression position (1 position)
· The postdoc in the suicide/depression position will focus on evaluation and treatment of suicidality and depression in adolescents. Experience will span the full spectrum of psychiatric care including inpatient, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels.
Eating Disorders Concentration (1 position)
· Evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, & ED-NOS.
· Individual, family, and group therapy; psychological assessment; behavioral programs & parent education within a multidisciplinary treatment approach.
· Experiences span the full continuum of care (Inpatient, Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient, Outpatient).
· The postdoc in this position will work primarily at the campus in Plano, TX.
Pediatric Health Psychology Concentration (4 positions)
General pediatric health psychology/consult-liaison positions (3 positions)
· Assessment, intervention, and consultation/liaison services for children and adolescents with chronic or acute medical conditions and their families.
· All fellows obtain consultation-liaison experience throughout fellowship year.
· Fellows work with supervisors to identify additional elective rotations that fit with their training goals. Options for rotations include Cardiology, Craniofacial/Plastics, Cochlear Implant, Cystic Fibrosis, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Infant Mental Health, Pain Management, Sickle Cell, Sleep Medicine, and Solid Organ Transplant. Opportunities may also be available for clinical experience with at-risk populations within Child Maltreatment, HIV, and Transgender clinics.
Foster care position (1 position)
· Multidisciplinary assessment, intervention, consultation, and psychoeducation services for children ages birth to 19 years in Foster Care and their foster/kinship families with a specialized focus in trauma treatment. Research opportunities available.
· Position will be based primarily out of Dallas; however, some travel may be required to our Plano and Southlake locations.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA-accredited doctoral program and must have completed an internship from an APA-accredited program, with degree requirements met AND degree conferred by the first day of fellowship.
Applications will be submitted using the APPA, the Centralized Application System being implemented by APPIC. Please go to https://appicpostdoc.
liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/ login to set up an account and upload your application.
Materials required will include:
- Cover letter, describing the following:
· Concentration area and position of interest (each applicant may apply for only one concentration or position)
· Statement of interest and fit with the position
· Accreditation status of graduate and internship programs
· Anticipated date of degree conferral
· Names of recommenders who will be sending letters
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two de-identified work samples
- Degree conferral attestation form, signed by applicant and advisor (available on APPA portal)
Children’s HealthSM Children’s Medical Center: www.childrens.com